Rental Rates and Hitch Requirements
It’s easy to rent one of our 3 teardrop trailers. Click here for an overview of the process.
Prices are subject to change without notice, but reserved rates are guaranteed not to change once we’ve received your reservation deposit.
These rates are for pick-up of your rental trailer from our Penngrove location, just 1 hour north of San Francisco, California. Rental is subject to availability, so be sure to book your reservation early!
Click on Terms and Conditions for PDF copy VIAC Terms and conditions web 1.1.15
- High season, April through October; $175 for 2-night minimum; $80 each additional night
- Low season, November through March; $130 for 2-night minimum; $60 each additional night
- Year ’round; 15% discount for 7 or more consecutive nights
OPTIONAL ITEMS FOR RENT
- Bedding and towels $25.00
- Kitchenware, ookware, and 2 burner propane stove $25.00
- 2-burner propane stove only $10.00
- Camp Chairs $5.00 each
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
Reservations made outside 30 days of departure require a credit card number to hold the reservation.
Rental fee due by credit card or cash when picking up the trailer.
A credit card will be charged for reservations made within 30 days of departure at the time the reservation is made.
Cancellations within 30 days, renter agrees VIAC will charged the full rental amount against the credit card provided.
A credit can be used during the next low season of that year (November through March). The credit is not refundable if not used.
Here’s what you’ll need to tow your teardrop trailer
Class I (rated at 2,000 lbs) or higher hitch installed.
4-pin flat electrical hookup for tail lights or adapter to a 4-pin.
Current vehicle insurance.
Don’t have a trailer hitch to hook up to the Teardrop Trailer? You have three options:
1. Borrow a vehicle with a hitch and electrical connector.
2. Rent a truck from U-Haul in Santa Rosa with a hitch and electrical connector. (Truck rentals are typically about $19.95 a day plus mileage).
3. Install a hitch and electrical hookup – we recommend Campway’s on Santa Rosa Avenue in Santa Rosa, CA 707-584-4433 or a Uhaul service center.
A Few Rules – for complete list, see terms and conditions
- No smoking and no pets in cabin, no exceptions
- Must have hitch installed on vehicle and working connector lights
- 30 day cancellation policy or full value of rental charged
- Up to $500 late fee for returns after 4pm
Questions about teardrop trailers? Teardrop trailer sales? Vintage trailer repair or restoration?
Great! You can ask us because we love to share our knowledge about this wonderful, economical, and fuel sipping vacation alternative.
We truly believe this is one of the most fun ways to have a memorable vacation on the road.
For information about teardrop trailers, custom teardrop trailers, intage trailer restorations, or rentals
call (707) 228.9943